Morgantown flood damage lawyer Chirag Desai of Desai Law represents policyholders in claims resulting from flood damage. Our law firm is currently taking new cases. Call (304) 974-1974 or message us to learn more and start your case.
Table of Contents
- Lawyer for Flood Damage in Morgantown, WV
- What to Know About Flood Damage Claims
- Understanding Flood Damage
- Why Do Flooding Insurance Claims Get Denied?
- Why Choose Our Dedicated Law Firm
- We Represent Policyholders
- Free Consultations
- Taking New Cases
- Talk to a Lawyer
Lawyer for Flood Damage in Morgantown, WV
If you have suffered flood damage in Morgantown, WV, you can have a lawyer handle your claim. You may deserve compensation through an insurance claim, and the Desai Law firm can represent you. Call (304) 974-1974 or send us a message for your free consultation.
What to Know About Flood Damage Claims
If your home, business or other property has sustained flood damage, you should know:
- You may have a valid insurance claim.
- The things you do right now may impact your compensation.
- Insurance companies aren’t on the sides of consumers. The more claims they deny, the more they profit.
- If the insurance company has denied your claim, there are things you can do. In fact, the insurance company may be acting in bad faith, which makes them liable for damages.
- You don’t have to fight through a complicated and frustrating process alone. You can have a lawyer represent you.
- The Desai Law firm handles flood damage claims in Morgantown, WV.
- With full-service representation, we’re available to help you at any stage of your case.
Getting fair compensation for flood damage isn’t always easy. By having a lawyer, you have a trained professional handling each part of your case.
Understanding Flood Damage
Flooding occurs when water flows on land that is normally dry.
Sources of flood damage:
- Flash floods
- Heavy rain
- Ground surge
- High water levels in a lake or river
- Melting snow
- Ice and melting ice
How does flooding damage a home?
During a flood, water may enter the home through doors, cracks in widows, damaged points in the foundation, vents and the sewer system. Even a small amount of flooding can damage a building.
Here are some of the ways flooding may damage your home:
- Structural damage, like cracks in the foundation, or flooring becoming loose
- Electrical damage, risk of fire
- Decaying walls and discoloration
- Damage to personal belongings
- Contamination of the water supply
- Malfunction of the plumbing system
- Secondary problems because of moisture exposure, like mold
Flooding is not just a problem of having unwanted water temporarily in a home. It can damage the home’s entire structure. Even a relatively small amount of water can create a need for significant repair.
Do floods happen in West Virginia?
Floods are common in West Virginia, and a leading cause of property damage in the state. According to Pew, West Virginia averaged 145 floods each year in an 11-year period, from 2010-2021.
Why Do Flooding Insurance Claims Get Denied?
Insurance companies make their profit when they deny claims, even good claims. Here are some excuses the insurance company may give for denying your claim.
- There was another source of water which is not covered by insurance.
- Repairs should be made only to a limited part of the home, when more widespread repairs are warranted.
- Damages are not covered because there was no flooding event.
- Maintenance was lacking that could have prevented the damage.
- You don’t have flooding coverage, or your policy has lapsed.
- The building did not comply with local floodplain management ordinances
- Disagreements exist about the cost of repairs.
The insurance company may be delaying your claim or simply not responding. Legal action may be appropriate because of insurance bad faith. Despite laws that require insurance companies to fairly pay claims in a timely manner, insurance companies delay and deny good claims.
If your claim has been denied or delayed – don’t give up! Talk to a Morgantown flood damage lawyer. Desai Law is familiar with the ways that insurance companies deny claims, and we can help you fight back.
Does homeowner insurance cover flood damage?
Most homeowners insurance policies don’t cover flood damage. However, it’s common to have separate flood insurance that covers the damage. In addition, water damage from an internal source like a burst pipe may be covered through a homeowner policy.
Why Choose Our Dedicated Law Firm
Here are some reasons to choose Desai Law when you need a Morgantown flood damage lawyer:
- Mission oriented. Our law firm was started to represent people facing powerful insurance companies and corporations. The mission is to provide outstanding legal services, seeking justice for our clients.
- Aggressive representation. Success for our clients doesn’t happen by accident. We diligently investigate, build the evidence and pursue your rights.
- Complete representation. If it’s necessary to litigate your case, we’re ready. We’re knowledgeable and experienced courtroom lawyers, able to handle your case from the early stages through its completion.
- Start at any stage. Whether flood damage has just occurred, or you have encountered difficulty in your claim, we can begin representing your interests.
- Client communication. We’re available to answer questions, and we explain what to expect at each stage.
We’re proud to represent our Morgantown, WV community. To learn more about how we can assist with a flood damage claim, we invite you for a consultation with the Desai Law team.
We Represent Policyholders
At Desai Law, we represent policyholders. We represent the people who have suffered losses because of flood damage.
Consultations with Desai Law are always free. We want you to understand the law and how it applies to your case. Learn about our legal services and why people rely on our law firm when they need help with an insurance claim.
Taking New Cases
Are we currently taking new cases? Yes! We can help you now if you need legal representation for a flood damage claim.
Talk to a Lawyer
To talk to a lawyer and start your case, contact a Morgantown flood damage lawyer at Desai Law. We want to learn about your situation. Get advice that is specific to your case, and see how a lawyer can help you. We can start representing you as early as today.
Call (304) 974-1974 or send a message now. We look forward to hearing from you.
Desai Law, PLLC
449 Fortress Blvd
Morgantown, WV 26508